Thursday, August 23, 2007

Welcome!

If the past two years have taught me anything, it's that I understand better now what the public means when they feel "left out of the loop". In my 14 years in politics, I have never seen such a frustrated community.

We shouldn't have to tolerate standing in front of a City committee of officials that aren't paying attention to you because their mind is already made up.

We shouldn't have to tolerate talking to elected officials that aren't really listening to you.

We shouldn't have to worry about leaks, using discretion or eliminating team members and members of the public from organized agendas or itineraries.

You need to be heard and your thoughts, concerns and visions actually need to be considered. That's why I started this blog. So you can be heard, considered and made part of the process that will move Bristol forward.

How Does This Work?

  • I will accept all questions, comments or concerns, anonymous or with your name.
  • I will post your comments and my response for everyone to view unless you ask me not to.
  • I will not post or respond to comments that are slanderous or offensive to anyone.

It may take me a few hours to respond to you. Please understand that I am working during the day and may not get to the issues until the evening hours.

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts with me. YOUR vision is the one that needs to be used to Move Bristol Forward.

9 comments:

Steve Collins said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Nice site. Now those that keep stating they don't know Ward's issue can click and read.

Anonymous said...

Nice site Art.Keep up the good work.This is how it should be.

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about open space preservation and what would you do as Mayor in respects to protecting open spaces from being destroyed?

Anonymous said...

Do you think the Gavlick property should be cleaned up and made nicer to look at since it is a gateway into the downtown.

Art Ward - Moving Bristol Forward said...

Preservation of open space is a legitimate concern since we seem to be watching a lot of it disappear.

State legislation mandates that new developments actually allocate designated open space areas. This is a start but I believe that we need to create a local means of ensuring that the open space that the City controls is preserved. The Roberts Property is a prime example of that.

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about the dogs running around up at the Roberts Property with no regulations?
I walk there, well use too, but its a free for all up there. If the city is going to allow this, there should be rules & regulations up there. This dog group is making money up there by selling things, and having dog play dates, with no regard to signing a contract with the city as I had to do just to run a camp in the park! Why is this group allowed to do as they please on city property but I have to go to the park board and pay for my use of the park property? This is not right! This group gets 45 acres of prime land to run their dogs?

Art Ward - Moving Bristol Forward said...

I have been advocating since last year that the property should be subject to the same rules and regulations as all other city property.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how inactive this site is. Kinda mimics you Art, the few ideas that you do have are old and worn out. You lose in November.